Venus Retrograde and what it means for your relationships
On the 4 March 2017 Venus went retrograde and brought in the following energies. One may have even found them presenting themselves from as far back as January. I know, I can relate. Venus will once again go direct on 15 April 2017.
Venus is the planet which deals with love, relationships, desire, charm, beauty, harmony, balance to name a few.
It brings in the opportunities for closeness and intimacy with others and with the relationship with oneself. After all, one needs to learn to love oneself in order to accept love from another. Being on ones own is often very much easier than being with another, as one can hide behind ones shadow and live in a certain amount of denial. The mirror of another allows one to meet oneself and grow and experience ones true self.
Looking at where Venus is placed in your chart can give you insight into the capacity for closeness with others. i.e. what do you desire in a relationship with another.
Venus Retrograde can bring about the following aspects to work through:
- Teaches us to love and helps to remove blockages and barriers from around the heart so that we can experience unconditional love – if you have experienced a painful love breakup, you may find yourself sabotaging future relationships by blocking off your heart to save yourself from further pain.
- Learn to listen to your body at this time i.e. trust your gut. You may also be experiencing physical ailments, which will be telling in what areas you need to work on related to your relationships.
- Learn to open yourself to deeper love and let go of old hurts – Go within and allow yourself to heal.
- Practice self love
- This time of Venus Retrograde is a highly introspective time, so allow yourself the time to connect to your higher self to receive the answers.
- You will gain courage and clarity to revisit any past or incomplete aspects in your life so that you can finally release them and move on.
- You may find that an old love interest may come into your life to gain closure.
- If you have an existing solid relationship, it can be strengthened at this time.
- Sit down and find out what it is you truly want.
- Finally gain closure with you past. You may need to make some very necessary resolutions in order to move forward and open yourself up to the potential of something new.
- What habits are you clinging to. Ask yourself: Is it worth it? It is serving me? If not, then you may have to make some tough decisions, but Venus will guide you in making the right decisions
Question yourself at this time.……
- How do you express your love to another
- How do you feel loved by another
- If you are in a relationship, is it serving you, is it positive, are you happy? What is missing? Communication with your partner honestly in order to resolve any unsaid or unresolved issues.
- What do you appreciate in life, what makes you feel good, investigate you own likes and dislikes, get to know and love yourself.
- Are you honouring who you are?
- Are you surrounding yourself with friends, groups, colleagues etc that serve your best interests?
Heart chakra meditation to release blockages from the past
Sit in a quiet space and centre yourself. Write down the following intention on a piece of paper and place it somewhere where you will be reminded on a daily basis of the intention.
“I intend to release any blockages from my heart chakra caused by my fears surrounding my partner, ex partners or old loves.”
Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths in and out. Tap into the energy of your body then place your hand on your heart chakra. Spend about 5 minutes in meditation, connecting with the energy of your heart and to any blockages or pain you may be harbouring there.
Set the intention once again as follows:
I release all of the blocks surrounding my heart which have been holding me in the past. With every breath I take, I release the old wounds, pain and burdens that my heart has had to endure. With these breaths, my fear, pain and stagnant energy will be carried away from my heavy heart. These wounds no longer serve me, I release them all and open my heart to love, light and joy.
Amen (so be it)
I offer Consciousness awareness consultations to help bring issues to the fore to enable one to make the necessary changes in life. Various modalities are used to get to the root of the problem, and often energy healing will also be used to help break up the blockages.
To book a session, please click on the following link.
Cost: R400 per session 1 to 1 1/2 hours